We started the day off with trick or treating at Joels work. This was an exciting thing because we have never been inside the building before. We're not aloud because of the high security. It was kind of interesting when we went and Joel escorted us around that the door on the out side had a sign that said: "use of deadly force approved" or something like that. Nice! Then the girls and I went to the activity center and played and added more to our candy stash. I used the theory that if people saw we didn't have much candy, then they would be more generous. It totally worked! I emptied out the candy in the car before each expedition:) Well, we went to our ward trunk or treat and it was quite 'tame', to be nice, so we went home and had a great night! Our neighbors are quite into Halloween. Everyone was out on their porches and one family had their garage completely decked out while another had a big fire going in their driveway. It was great weather and we got lots of compliments on our lovely jack-o-lanterns! And yes, I am glad it's over! I was very sick of dressing the girls up; by the time evening came around, I was tempted not to dress them up again and just put them to bed. I had a little case of the awnry momma in the afternoon. Luckily, I got over it:) On to Thanksgiving! I am making a practice turkey tomorrow.....I'll let you know how that goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm glad you had a good Halloween. Fun that you got to go to Joel's work.
Ingenius of you to empty your candy so people will be more generous. You're just lookin' out for your girls (and Chiefy).
PS, I like Charlie's little piggy tummy.
Post a Comment