Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Childhood Ambition


Well, I'm finally getting around to doing something I have always wanted to do since I was pretty little. I LOVED the movies: "The Wizard of OZ" and "The Return to OZ". My best friend growing up, Katrine, told me there were other stories and lands and people in the books and I have always been fascinated by that! Every time I tried to figure out which one to read at the library I got too confused and never did it. Well, now that I am a regular at our library and feel more comfortable talking to the ladies there, I asked them to help me figure it out. Turns out there are 39 books! Can you believe it? There is even a separate book telling about all the other characters and books, when they were written, and by who; I checked that out, of course! I am now on the 4th written book and I love it! Now, eventually I will get to the things I have wanted and always needed to do as an adult--hopefully before I'm 90ish.

9 comments:

Mark said...

You are awesome...now I'm thinking I better check "Oz" out...really...check it out from the library. I love free stuff.

Maren

melissabastow said...

Wow, I never knew there were so many books about Oz. I wish I would have known, all I did while on bedrest last spring was read, and that would have been a good long series to keep my occupied!

Saunja said...

Wow, that is a huge endeavor! Good for you! Enjoy!

The Black Widow said...

Antie Em! Antie Em!

Rayleen said...

I didn't know there were so many books. I loved "Return to Oz" as a kid, especially the part with the ham sandwiches in the apple lunch pails growing on the tree.

Rayleen said...

PS the monkies with the roller skates were scary.

Lara said...

Yoy go! Girl!

Lara said...

What I meant to type was...
You go! Girl!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed that you remembered one of my babblings about the books I used to read. Those books were fun, and I must recommend the ones that were written by L Frank Baum only. I read others and they just didn't have the same creativity (some would say weirdness). At least that could pare your list down a little, right?
And yes, I also love the lunch pail tree. I cannot eat a ham sandwich without thinking of it.